The Loader / Unloader / Forklift Operator will be responsible for ensuring the accurate and seamless processing of incoming and outgoing shipments. The Loader / Unloader / Forklift Operator will load and unload shipments regularly, with the capability of repetitive heavy lifting, and use any necessary equipment, i.e. lift truck, forklift, etc. Other responsibilities include the inspection of incoming and outgoing shipments to verify contents and quality and may be required to assist in the scheduling of freight appointments. This worker must understand the impact of this position to other business functions that depend on the accuracy and efficiency of warehouse operations. Inventory management, order picking, and relations with applicable office staff are essential functions for this position. Other duties may be assigned as necessary.
- Prepare receiving dock to accept incoming product and oversee the secure and accurate loading and unloading of deliveries
- Prepare materials for shipment
- Match incoming and outgoing product with purchase orders
- Verify product expiration codes
- Perform quality audits of the condition of shipped goods for both incoming and outgoing items prior to signing off as well inspecting product to ensure saleable condition with acceptable code dating
- Report any discrepancies to immediate supervisor
- Operate a forklift or electric pallet jack in a safe manner to relocate product
- Maintain a safe work environment and contribute to our safety culture
- Lift cases of product and/or stock merchandise according to documented Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs)
- Follow all current SOPs
- Process all required paperwork and maintain adequate records for reporting and tracking
- Track shipments and verify receipts of shipments as required
- Sort and distribute incoming shipments
- Ensure shipments contain proper documentation and if there are multiple items per shipment, ensure item lists are complete
- Problem solve for any cases of missing documents, shipments, and deliveries
- Perform other duties as required
What You Need to Get the Job Done
- High School diploma or GED
- Forklift certification and demonstrated ability to operate material handling equipment
- Ability to work in a cold environment (2° to 3° Celsius)
- Experience in a warehouse environment and shipping and receiving
- Experience loading and unloading trailers
- Ability to safely perform repetitive heavy lifting of 50lbs
- Valid drivers license and good driving record
- Ability to communicate verbally and in writing
- Ability to work independently and take direction
- Basic mathematical skills
- A positive team attitude – ability to work as a team and independently
- Computer literacy, including working skills of excel and email
- Good organizational, time management, and prioritizing skills
What You’ll Love About Us
- Great Company Culture. Our workplace is an open, engaging, and welcoming environment.
- Meaningful work. We offer transparency – we want to hear your thoughts and recommendations. Complexity – you can master new skills and improve. Team environment – have support around you for when you need it.
- Shift Flexibility. We value our employees being able to enjoy work/life balance.Our goal is to give you a shift that works for us but most importantly, best supports your lifestyle.
- Benefits. Extended benefits including health, dental, and vision.
- Fair and competitive wages. We offer the best for our employees and compete with industry standard.
- Retention Bonus. $500 will be paid to each employee who successfully completes the 3-month probationary period.